On Tuesday 04 June 2002 11:31 pm, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Keith Gross wrote:
> >Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:57:06 -0500
>
> From: Keith Gross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: Re: Radeon VE QY (PCI)
> >
> >I do most of my work on the weekends so I'll try setting this up this
> > wekend. What would be the easiest way to get the changes you made to
> > enable the support so I could start from there.
>
> The patch is in the RHL 7.3 XFree86 src.rpm package, as well as
> buried somewhere under my testing dir in my sig.

I was just wondering if the following will work.  I retreived the patch
(XFree86-4.2.0-ati-radeon-pci-drm-enable.patch) from your ftp server and
applied it to my XFree 4.2.0 build tree and recompiled.  I was thinking than
that I'd replace the following files with the new versions in the build tree
as shown below :

Replaced /lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/drm/radeon.o
   with /xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/radeon.o

Replaced /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so
   with /xc/exports/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so

Replaced /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
   with /xc/exports/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o

After looking at the patches and reading some background on DRI and XFree
design this seemed viable.

I as also wondering how bad the reports where on the patch?  Did it
periodically fail or it just plain wouldn't start?