Von: Fabrice Bellet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Juni 2002 18:45
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [Xpert]Radeon 8500 kernel module

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 09:39:36AM -0600, Mark Lane wrote:
> At 07:02 AM 6/10/02, you wrote:
>
> >I suppose every knows this, if so please
> >ignore.
> >
> >I have a dual Athlon 1600+MP.  I tried the
> >2.5.21 kernel enabled with the radeon module.
> >My machine goes completely dead when I start X.
> >
> >I have a Radeon 8500.
>
> Check out ATI drivers for the FireGL 8800. Apparently they work though are

> somewhat buggy.

I tested it.

This driver does not work for me (Tyan Thunder dual Athlon MB/Radeon
8500). The Xserver is incredibly slow in both 2D/3D when DRM is
enabled. It looks like every framebuffer area copies fail in
this mode. It sounds like an AGP problem. ATI includes a customized
agpgart driver, which fails to init. The regular agpgart module is then
loaded, but its use counter remains at zero. Booting with mem=nopentium
doesn't help.

So I'll personnaly wait for the open source DRI driver for this board :-)

--
fabrice