> David W. Chapman Jr. writes:
>  > Under FreeBSD 5.0-current using XFree86 4.2.0 I get the following errors if I let
>the driver use the VESA BIOS.  I can successfully run X windows if I tell the driver
>not to use the VESA BIOS.  Is this a problem with the driver or my video bios.  Below
>is the error message when I try to start X when its using the VESA BIOS.  Any help
>would be appreciated.
>

> Your BIOS doesn't support the VESA Standard appearantly. This triggers
> a bunch of bugs in the driver. I've looked over it and fixed them.
> Unfortunately I cannot send you my precompiled driver as it is
> build with the CVS head and won't run on your box any more.

So the next release of XFree86 will fix these problems or will it automatically
disable the BIOS for this card?

> If you don't need BIOS support I'd suggest to leave it off to
> get around these problems.

I don't believe I need it as things are working fine.  I did have some problems with
other FreeBSD VESA programs so it makes sense about the VESA compliance issue.

> But thanks for reporting the problem, though.

Thank you for the response!