Mark

Thanks for the response. Please see comments below.

> > I have a general VGA question. I see from Ferraro\'s book that
> > the legacy port 0x3C2 (bit 7) reports on whether a vertical
> > retrace interrupt has occured. Is this bit cleared after reading
> > it so that it can be used properly in the case of shared
> interrupts?
>
>    In legacy mode it\'s cleared explicitly by clearing bit 4 of
> Cr11.

OK great. I noticed that Ferraro\'s book says 3C2 is an EGA port.
I am unclear about whether this means that most cards will support
this port. I see you address this below.

> > Do most cards support this port and bit?
>
> If they\'re in legacy mode they will. But many cards operate
> in their extended modes and don\'t even enable legacy access.

I have not found a card that simply does not allow legacy port
address. Could you please tell those that you are familiar with
so that I might stear clear of them if neccessary.

Thanks a lot,
Daniel