Hello everyone. This is my first mail on this list.
I'm trying to get a graphical login to a SUN workstation(running dtlogin as
it's login manager)  from a L-M 8.1 box.

On the L-M 8.1 box I set xhost + in an xterm running on :0
Then I use
X :1 -query <SUN machine ip>

I get the following error and the X server quits

Fatal server error:
XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 17 failed for display
eagle-xp.scih.uc.edu:0: Cannot open display

The Xaccess file on the SUN machine is configured to accept connections from
any host and I could verify that the dtlogin on the SUN machine is being
queried...

I've tried the same with accessing the login on another RH 7.2 machine on the
network and I get the same error. However when I try the same from the RH
machine I'm able to access the graphical login on my L-M machine as well as
the login on the SUN machine. So I'm guessing the error has to do with my X
server and the Display variable.

Hope someone can help me fix this.
-Thanx
-Sudhakar