Hi guys:

I have a problem. I've wanted to make an anti-aliased Gnome 1.4
desktop on my box, so I afford a Geforce 2 MX 400 and a 17''
Samsung Syncmaster 753 and installed gdkxft. Following a
extremely helpful how-to I've found on the web (thank you very
much, its author), I've got rid of RedHat's (7.3)xfs, and I'm
using X straight to render fonts. I've made a directory to my
TrueType fonts and put the path on my XFconfig and XFconfig-4.
However, when I try to launch X, it crashes telling me a message
that occurred a problem of redundancy between the modules
libfreetype.a and libxtt.a, both located in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules. They both have a TT_"something".
Conclusion: I can't have TrueType fonts anti-aliased as urw
ones, for example. I can have Times New Roman anti-aliased as
"monotype", but not as "microsoft".

When I try to launch X with freetype and xtt, X crashes. When I
try to take off freetype, and launch X (Gnome), it becomes
frozen. I'd like to have TrueType anti-aliased on Gnome 1.4,
could someone help me to do that? May I have to recover the xfs?

Thank you, guys.

PI