On 3 Sep 2002, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

>Date: 03 Sep 2002 17:16:18 +0530
>From: Biswapesh Chattopadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: XPert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: 845 driver (again)
>
>Hi all
>
>I compiled the XFree86 SRPM from RH RawHide but Xconfigurator still does
>not show the 845 driver :-( So, can anyone point me to the Intel patch ?
>Can it be applied on 4.2 ?

Xconfigurator gets it's configuration data from a database
"Cards" and has nothing to do with XFree86.  The Cards database
is manually edited each release to add support for new hardware.
Since i845 isn't supported, it doesn't show up.

You need to manually configure your card, or choose i830 or i810,
and tweak the config if need be.

--
Mike A. Harris

Foot and mouth disease is believed by experts to be the first virus
that is unable to spread via Microsoft Outlook.