On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 07:45:16PM -0700, Sottek, Matthew J wrote:

>David,
>   You may want to consider changing the alloc_page to use
>pci_alloc_consistent()
>as is done in Alan Cox's version of the drm's. I changed the i810 one to do
>that
>in a patch sent to the drm list a couple weeks ago (Doesn't seem to be
>applied,
>I thought Jens was applying it). It looks like the alloc_page was reworked,
>but the pci_alloc_consistent() seems a cleaner way to go. (And potentially
>more correct, as I know that Alan changed it for a reason)

Hi Matt,

I saw your patch just after bringing in a related change from the
2.4.19 version of the module (to fix an oops).  Switching to
pci_alloc_consistent() is on my todo list.  Maybe it's appropriate
for the agpgart module to use it too?  I haven't had a chance to look
at how it works yet.

>I don't know how far back the pci* functions go. Might be a compatibility
>issue.

Yes, that needs to be checked too.

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/Architect                      The XFree86 Project