--- Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Have you tried Option "CRTScreen"?

I did, and it didn't work; but I probably did it wrong anyway...

I spent some time reading the archive of this list, and it seems to me
that there is quite a bit of change going on with the radeon support.
Maybe I should just wait for the next full XFree86 release (which
apparently would fix the other annoying problem I have, the hanging X when
switching back from a virtual console).

This is what I (someone who doesn't know anything about graphics drivers
and related things) did:

Usually, I run X at the native resolution of my laptop display
(1400x1050):

Section "Screen"
        Identifier   "Screen0"
        Device       "ATI Radeon Mobility M6"
        Monitor      "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth    16
        Subsection "Display"
                Depth       16
                Modes       "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1152x864" "1024x768"
"800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubsection
EndSection

My laptop has a hotkey that toggles between LCD only/external output
only/both. If I turn on the external output, the video projector (which
can take up to 1024x768) isn't happy at all, and displays garbage.

My first thought was to simply delete the first thee entries from the
"Modes" section. Now I have a 1024x768 resolution, the video projector
work fine, and I see the (scaled) image on my laptop display. This is not
pretty, but it works.

Adding the option "CRTScreen" to this section doesn't look healthy on my
LCD (and is probably not what you meant).

Just to give you an idea what Joe User does when he encounters that sort
of problem...

  Lutz