Hi,

I think I have found a simple reproducible bug that makes the
mouse/keyboard handler freak out.  I don't think this has anything to do
with my particular set up.  I'm using Linux on Intel.  The problem
occurs with both the XFree86 VESA driver, and also with the closed
NVidia Linux driver.

Start X11 with any driver.  Log in as root.  Look at the date/time.  Add
2 hours to the current time with 'date'.  Move the time back to the
correct time with 'date'.

Now the keyboard and mouse will be screwed up.  The keyboard no longer
auto-repeats.  The mouse sends incorrect click events.

xev shows that when I press a mouse key, no event occurs.  When I
release the key, both events arrive.  I can no longer move windows with
the mouse (gnome/sawfish).  gpm continues to work in the console.  X11
auto-repeat no longer works.

In my previous post, I thought this had something to do with
suspend/resume.  But that is simply because on my Inspiron 8200, when I
come back from a suspend, my clock is wrong by a couple of hours (even
if I suspend only for 5 seconds).  APM resets the clock, and XFree is hosed.

Can anybody else reproduce this problem?  Is it Linux specific?

Dave.