> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > So, what kind of colour adjustments is possible in the mga driver?
> > Any URL about that?
>
> The command
>       xgamma -ggamma 0.5
> should make the screen less green. Try adjusting the value.
>
> For more precise control, you want the function XF86VidModeSetGammaRamp
> (and possibly XF86VidModeGetGammaRamp and XF86VidModeGetGammaRampSize)
> defined in
>       /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h
> Which let you define the value of each point on the "gamma" curve.
> Unfortunately I can't find these mentioned in the man pages.
>
> ****  ***
> These should work on the matrox cards, but only on the first head
> as the hardware on the second head doesn't have a palette.
> I think there is a swap-head option to switch which connector
> is the second head.
> ****  ****

I see. I think a brightess adjustment would be more correct, dimming
the green component. I am going to solve this by replacing the
monitor. The greenish monitor is a Sony trinitron from Digital, while
all the others are from Hewlett Packard. Because of what you say, the
sixth monitor must be H.P. as well.

By the way, I calculated the optimal gamma to be 1.5.

> If you used no_accel, your 2D may be slow too.
> --
> Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison               Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge

Better that it works slow, than that it trashes fast.
And so far, I have not seen any speed downs.
Perhaps when I experiment more with 3d.

Kim0