G'day Egbert,

on 10-10-2002 7:30 AM, Egbert Eich at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Michael Stephen Hanni writes:
>> Well I've got it all to work save for the "WritePixmap" acceleration as it
>> makes use of some fun MoveDataFromCPU/MoveDWORDS magic. With WritePixmap
>> active there is a small box of color distortion around the mouse cursor. I'm
>> sure the MoveDataFromCPU function is assuming little endian data, but I
>> don't know exactly what I'm looking at.
>
> Are you using SW Cursor? Otherwise WritePixmap shouldn't affect the
> Cursor.

The funny thing is that using either cursor I get this behavior. I'll look
into this, maybe I did something that made the hardware cursor be used
regardless of the option setting.

BTW, I'm working off CVS HEAD.

>> Oh, I haven't really touched this but XVideo is still fscked. I'm getting
>> BadAllocs all over the place.
>
> Please see my last email about this.

Yeah, what you said sounds absolutely correct. I've disabled the
CHIPSVideoInit/Reset in my build.

>> I had to mess around with the aperture, but I think I've got the aperture
>> and the MMIOBase setup correctly now. By dropping a slightly modified
>> ct_BltHiQV.h from the last Xpmac tarball into the latest XFree86 source
>> everything works nicely.
>
> If you send me the patch I'll check this.

I'll do this when I get back to the other side (i.e. Linux). Beware this
ct_BltHiQV.h has some interesting looking asm code to accomplish the ct*
macros. I'm pretty sure this is powerpc specific so it may not be something
you would want to put into the "official" source. However, the bonus of this
is that I had to make very few changes to the driver as it currently stands,
plus I got all the accelerated functions for "free" -- save for the
aforementioned WritePixmap.

Anyhow, I'll clean it up and send it to you tonight.

I'm using this modified chips driver as my default X setup and I haven't
noticed anything broken or unusual. It seems to be snappier and smoother
than the FBDev driver I had been using, but that may just be the placebo
effect at work. I'll run some x11perf tests and check it out.

Cheers,

Michael