On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Björn Stenberg wrote:

> With 4.2.1, the nv driver *finally* produces a correct image on my setup.
>
> Only one small bug remains: The mouse pointer. It is duplicated and half the right
>size.
>
> Actually, the duplication effect looks more to be a case of every other bit being
>drawn 16 pixels too far to the right. The "duplicates" are not exact copies.
>
> Is this known/fixed? Is there a workaround? Is there anything I can do to help?
>
>   Driver  "nv"
>   Option  "FlatPanel"

   ???

   If there is flat panel support in 4.2.1, I don't know how it got
there.  I didn't put it there.  The flat panel support I added was in
CVS only.

   The artifact you describe sounds like what you get when you run
the "nv" driver after running the "nvidia" driver - a problem which
doesn't exist in CVS (or if you don't run the "nvidia" driver).
But as far as I know, DFP isn't supported in 4.2.1 in the first place.

                        Mark.