I'm having trouble getting DDC to work with my Dell P1110 and my Matrox
G550.  No matter what options I add or remove from my device section I
get output similar to:

(II) MGA(0): I2C bus "DDC" initialized.
(II) MGA(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" registered.
(II) MGA(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" removed.
(II) MGA(0): I2C Monitor info: (nil)
(II) MGA(0): end of I2C Monitor info

(II) MGA(0): DDC Monitor info: (nil)
(II) MGA(0): end of DDC Monitor info

Oddly enough, when I run "X -configure" it reads the EDID information
successfully and puts the information it garners about the monitor into
the XF86Config.new file.  I can also use the get-edid and parse-edid
utilities without a problem from both the command line and from within
an x-term.  But loading up X normally or using "X -probeonly" I get the
above message. Output from read-edid and parse-edid looks like so:

get-edid: get-edid version 1.4.1

        Performing real mode VBE call
        Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f00 bx=0x0 cx=0x0
        Function supported
        Call successful

        VBE version 300
        VBE string at 0xc5743 "Matrox Graphics Inc."

VBE/DDC service about to be called
        Report DDC capabilities

        Performing real mode VBE call
        Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x0 cx=0x0
        Function supported
        Call successful

        Monitor and video card combination does not support DDC1 transfers
        Monitor and video card combination supports DDC2 transfers
        0 seconds per 128 byte EDID block transfer
        Screen is not blanked during DDC transfer

Reading next EDID block

VBE/DDC service about to be called
        Read EDID

        Performing real mode VBE call
        Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x1 cx=0x0
        Function supported
        Call successful

parse-edid: parse-edid version 1.4.1
parse-edid: EDID checksum passed.

        # EDID version 1 revision 2
Section "Monitor"
        # Block type: 2:0 3:ff
        # Block type: 2:0 3:fc
        Identifier "DELL P1110"
        VendorName "DEL"
        ModelName "DELL P1110"
        # Block type: 2:0 3:ff
        # Block type: 2:0 3:fc
        # Block type: 2:0 3:fd
        HorizSync 30-121
        VertRefresh 48-160
        # Max dot clock (video bandwidth) 280 MHz
        # DPMS capabilities: Active off:yes  Suspend:yes  Standby:yes

        Mode    "1280x1024"     # vfreq 85.024Hz, hfreq 91.146kHz
                DotClock        157.500000
                HTimings        1280 1344 1504 1728
                VTimings        1024 1025 1028 1072
                Flags   "+HSync" "+VSync"
        EndMode
        # Block type: 2:0 3:ff
        # Block type: 2:0 3:fc
        # Block type: 2:0 3:fd

Can anyone give me a hint as to how to get DDC to work?  While I can
hard code the sync values and such into the config file I'd prefer to
get the DDC working.  It irks me that it doesn't work.  The DDC worked
fine with an Nvidia card.  Thanks,
        -Scott

--
Scott Lampert