On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Russ Radke wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm running a mga G450 in a P4 system with XFree86 4.2.0-8 (RedHat),
> and I can't seem to get into overlay mode (8+24).

IIRC mga_hal_drv.o doesn't support overlay mode; are you using the HAL ?

> (**) MGA(0): Option "Overlay" "on"
> (--) MGA(0): Chipset: "mgag400"
> (==) MGA(0): Using AGP 1x mode
> (**) MGA(0): "on" is not a valid value for Option "Overlay"

The options for Option "Overlay" and optional :-), and are something like
"8+24" and "24+8". The idea may have been to set the default visual,
but I don't know for sure, and I just use
        Option "Overlay"
on my G550, as well as my Millennium I.

You aren't using -fbbpp 24 are you ?
I'll have a look at the full config and log file if you send them
to me.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna