On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Paul PIkowsky wrote:

> I would like to be able to select my primary card as the PCI card in
> the BIOS but have my AGP card be primary when I boot up in Linux.
> Can I do that and if so, how?

If you mean the linux console, try asking on a linux list.

If you mean can X windows start up on a different card, yes.
Configuring the non-boot card is similar to configuring a dual-head
system.
I'd recommend starting with the config file from "X -configure",
then remove the BIOS head.

Note: this will not give you a text console on one screen and X windows
on the other ( apart from anything else how would both screens know
which one had the keyboard and mouse ?).

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna