Franco Bevilacqua wrote:
Hi folks,
 I acquire  images in gray levels from at 200 fps from a dsp board.
Each image has a fixed dimension of 640*532 of gray levels.
I need to display 30 fps without overloading the processor.
I need also to transform the image using the opengl filter.
I have used XShmtPutImage to display the images but, It uses 80% of  the

main
process for displaying images. It's too much.
Does someone knows how can I do to decrease the processor usage for the
display.
I thought to display the images directly in the graphics card overlay,
but
I've not exeperiency to program video under linux.
Does someone can give some clues, may be, by using DRI driver or video
driver.

Thanks a lot for your help.
 Franco
The latest open source ATI R200 3D driver contains support for fast image transfers from AGP space. You might try posting to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you'd like more information on how to use that mechansim.

--
/\
Jens Owen / \/\ _