Hi,

I am a student working on X am i am pretty new to it.
I have a few questions

1. Is there any way to detect vertical retrace in X so that the tearing down of
he image can be prevented ? I came across that it is possible to do it using DGA
but i have not been able to trace any resource for DGA.
Also,acc to Mark there will be no DGA in the future .So is there any other way
to do it.

2.If both the Xserver and the client are on the same machine then which one
gives better performance ie in terms of speed ...Pixmaps or shared memory
pixmaps.Are pixmaps stored directly in the video RAM?????

Thanx in advance..