Background:
I have a Linux box (and a Windoze box) attached to a KVM switch.
When I switch away from the Linux box and come back, the mouse
(an MS Intellimouse, IMPS2) goes haywire. Switching from the graphical
X mode to a console mode (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and back fixes the problem.
It looks like the mouse appears to have gone out of sync or something.

The problem:
I'd like to fix this problem, but I can't for the life of me figure
out where exactly is the mouse being read and mouse events generated?
I've tried to modify the following files
        programs/Xserver/hw/kdrive/linux/mouse.c
    programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input/mouse/mouse.c
to print debugging information, and nothing gets printed.
Note: I'm using sources from RedHat's src RPM (I could use the original
XFree86 sources, but then some of the symbols don't get resolved in the
DSOs).
Obviously I'm doing something wrong here. So.. can someone point out
where I can muck around with the mouse code?

Thanks,

Ajay