First of all, thanks for taking the time to help.

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 10:27:52AM -0500, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> Hmm, that's a rather cut down version of the log.  Do you have a fully
> copy posted somewhere we can download it?
Sure, forgot it might help for the updated problem.
http://www.var.cx/XFree86.0.log.

> Also, what version of xfree86 is this and what distro?
I think I mentioned at the top it's 4.2.0, and it's from an rpm from
redhat 8.0

> You might have better results with version 1.8.2 from
> http://www.user1.netcarrier.com/~kbrosius/pages/virge.html .  But I'm
> not sure without knowing what you are running already.
This appears to list only 4.1 drivers and earlier, I assume that the
changes listed here have been absorbed into 4.2, correct?

> Normally a mouse failure will return you cleanly to the console assuming
> you are not using xdm.  How are you starting X?
Yeah, I forgot AllowMouseOpenFail too.. I'm running it by calling
XFree86 -xf86config /root/blah -terminate directly.

> > Even with the vesa driver I cannot get anything displayed.
This is no longer true since I fixed the mouse, vesa works fine now
(which is already reason for minor rejoicing).

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 21A7 C7F3
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl|dse.nl|chello.nl] ICQ#10074100     1FF3 47FF 545C CB53