Hi

I have a Matrox g450 and very often so dose X crash when I am starting mplayer.And this problem was not present in Mandrake 8.2 with X 2.4.0
but now in Redhat 8.0 so has it started to happend.

I have tried to start mplayer with and without xvideo extensions and also to run kdm or gdm but the crashes happens at the same rate.

Below is what I gett in the log from kdm and gdm when the crash
happens:

nov 6 00:19:06 av18 kdm[2423]: Server for display :0 terminated unexpectedly

okt 31 14:04:52 av18 gdm[25455]: gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: ?226desdigert X-fel - Restarting :0

So dose anybody have some suggestions what to try next?

Cheers Johnny