When building X on MacOS X, is there any way to tell it
to "prebind" the libraries?  grepping the config directories,
I didn't see anything that would do it even if I could figure
out how to activate it.

Prebinding is useful, because an application linked to a
prebound library starts MUCH faster.  The runtime loader
sees that the application is pre bound and if the libs
haven't changed, it just uses the known addresses.  If
the lib changes, it ignores the prebinding and just acts
as if it wasn't prebound.  There's also a command called
"redo_prebinding" which you can run on anything that's
prebound if any of its dependant libs change.  This is
usually done after installing, as installing in case the
copy operation changed the time stamp on the file.

In order to do this though, libraries have to be linked with
the -prebind option to ld (or -Wl,-prebind to gcc -- that's
a lower case L after the -W)  I'd try modifying the config
to do this, but have no idea where to put it so that it
goes in all the Makefiles.

 -- Dave Williss
------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
   for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup