Quick question:

I have a laptop and a docking station and 2 mice. The internal one (undocked) is a ps2 pointer, and the external one is a microsoft usb optical (docked).

I would like to make X pick which ever one is needed so I that I can avoid edits to my XF86Config file when I use my laptop offsite.

This worked fine on my machine when I had redhat 7.3 but quit working when I upgraded to redhat 8.0.

I currently have both mice configured in my XF86Config file and switch between them by uncommenting and commenting syntax:

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Anaconda Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0

# USB mouse