On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:45:17AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 02:57, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> > Yes, I remember that e-mail conversation, but I believe the problem you
> > pointed out two months ago is a different problem and is specific to
> > Radeon 7500 (RV200) and later cards.  FYI, I think the solution to the
> > drawing errors on the 7500 and later cards is to properly set the
> > bres_cntl field in the dst_line_patcount register.
>
> Does that mean we could implement full-blown Bresenham lines with the
> newer chips?

This field just gives the driver author a little more flexibility to
match software rendered lines.  Full-blown Bresenham lines on Radeon
cards are not possible.  However, the X server already has sufficient
flexibility to match the Radeon's two-line algorithm, so Bresenham lines
are not necessary.

I think properly initializing this field should fix the two-point lines
on 7500 and newer cards.  I'll let you know when I've fixed the problem.

Regarding this one VE card error report, I'm still not sure what is
going wrong.  Other than this one report, the older cards already match
the hardware exactly with the current CVS code.  And, the VE cards that
I've tested (Radeon VE and Dell OEM VE) also match the hardware exactly.

Kevin