W liście z nie, 24-11-2002, godz. 09:50, j pisze:
> Hi,
>
>    I have been trying to get /dev/video to show up to no avail:
>
>  This is xawtv-3.79, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.19)
>  dlopen: /usr/lib/xawtv/conv-mjpeg.so: undefined symbol:  jpeg_resync_to_restart
>  WARNING: Your X-Server has no DGA support.
>  can't open /dev/video0: No such device
>  v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
>  v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
>  v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
>  v4l: open /dev/video0: No such device
>  no video grabber device available
>
> At this point I'm just going in circles. From one howto to another. The
> kernel docs have been no help. I would be more than happy to RTM if I could find it!
> Please help if you can. If only a pointer to a COMPLETE document on how to do this.
>
> PS I can not turn on DGA without the Xserver crashing. That is why there is "no DGA
>support". Actually just a sensible explanation of how DGA DRI and Xv work together
>would probably help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J Sims

Hi

I don't know much about Xv or DGA but it seems to me that the main
problem is that xawtv cannot locate grabber device. Is it detected by
driver? Search for some info in kernel messages (dmesg command or logs).
If it's detected then you should pass location of device to xavtv with
`-c' option.

If You need more help then please provide some more info about TV card,
driver, distro.

Note I can help You If You have Bt8x8 chipset as I have some experience
such card. If You do own such card then take look at
`http://bttv-v4l2.sourceforge.net/' and `http://bytesex.org/v4l/'. Maybe
You'll find some more info there.

Good luck,

- Jacek