Hi,

after searching the web and still failing to install my mouse with 7
buttons (Intelli Mouse Optical) I hope to get some answers here.

Waht I can do is get this mouse running with the normal 3 buttons plus
the wheel.

But the sidewards buttons still don't work (xev tells me that they are
buttons 1 and 3...)

The only hint I found in the net was that the X server doesn't support
that many buttons.

So my question is:

  Did I configure something wrong?
  Or is this a limitation in the X protocol / the X server / ... ?

If it's the later: when is the necessary support planned?

CU,
Christian

PS: When I switch from Windos to Linux I really miss the fast
forward/backward when I surf the internet...

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague