On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Julian L. Hunter wrote:

> Thanks Alan,
>
>     - Should I not be able to get the display to the external monitor?
> Why does the Option "Display" "CRT" turn off the LCD, but not enable the
> CRT?

On my laptop (N5430, one generation before yours) I've gotten BladeXP TV
out to work just fine, at least in mirror'd mode.... i don't rememebr if i
tried CRT only. as Alan said, it appearrs to be machine specific.

>     - When rebooting to Linux from WindowsXP the X screen is like a
> negative I can see everything, but the color is messed up.  Conversely,
> when rebooting to WindowsXP from Linux (X), Windows will freeze at the
> first non-text screen. (The XP logo with progress monitor). A hard
> reboot will fix either of these problems. I can live with these quirks,
> just thought it may be useful.

I've noticed several anomolies when not cold rebooting...

>     - The screen is shifted about 3-4 pixels to the right under X, I
> tired xvidtune, no luck. Again this is a trivial issue.

Same here.. not just in Xv, but in general... i thought there was a patch
to fix this at one point...

>     If anyone with a similar system has any of this working please feel
> free to jump in ;-). This and lack of AMD PowerNow support are the only
> things stopping this from being a great a Linux laptop (and powernow
> support is being actively developed), all other hardware is support in
> the 2.4 series kernel.

Off topic, but read the cpufreq list archives.. you may want to try the
rtdvs driver.. it works on mine. it shoudl tide you over until proper
PowerNow! support is working.

My only major complaint about this laptop is the lack of 3D drivers ;)
but i understand why there aren't any...

john.c

-- -
John Clemens          http://www.deater.net/john
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     ICQ: 7175925, IM: PianoManO8
      "I Hate Quotes" -- Samuel L. Clemens