Hi all !!
i've a technical question:
i've bought a 17'' TFT IIYAMA screen (AS4314UT) with a geforce4ti 4200 (athlon
XP2400). After the installation of RedHat8 (with the native NVIDIA drivers),
i've discovered a pixel in the right-upper corner that stay white all the
time !! (even at the start screen, under win2k etc...) for a screen of 600
euros f@#$ i changed it... to have the same problem, at the same position !!
my question is: is it possible to damage a TFT screen with the NVIDIA native
drivers under Linux (i don't want to install the NVIDIA proprietary drivers
on my new screen without to be sure about the problem) ?
the problem seems not to appears under Win2k !

kernel is the last updated of redhat 8 (kernel-2.4.18-18.8.0)

thanks...

Manu