fredagen den 13 december 2002 02.12 skrev Christian Rose:
> Hi!
>
> When I press "," (the decimal symbol key) on the numerical part of my
> Swedish keyboard in XFree86, I get a "." (point). This is obviously
> wrong, as it should be a comma, the decimal symbol that is used in
> Sweden and what this key is labeled with on Swedish standard keyboards.
>
> I've checked some other keyboard layouts and others for which the
> decimal key on the numeric keypad is a comma is as follows:
> Finland (identical to the Swedish layout), Denmark, Netherlands, Norway,
> Switzerland, Germany. I suspect that these may be wrongly defined as
> point too.
>
> Anyone else seen this? Suggestions?

It seems this is a feature (i.e. a documented bug) of X11,
The keypad decimal key is mapped to KP_Decimal which is a symbolic key, translated
somewhere on the application side.
The workaround is xmodmap -e "keycode  91 = comma". I notice some keymaps (cz,sk)
have fixed this, although they have commented the  fix as inappropriate.

So, where is KP_Decimal translated to "." ? .Xdefaults can be used for some
applications (XLIb?, xterm etc)
but not others (GTK, QT).

-- robin