Peter Toneby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > I need to know how to start a possible x-server and move the currently
> > > running apps from the first one to be moved to the secound one ,... is
> > > that possible ???
> >
> > Not in general.  It's possible to write a program that would support
> > it, but noone does.
>
> The next release of gtk+ will support this, don't know about when/if QT

Will the bloat increase by the same amount in the next gtk release as
it did from 1.2 to 2.0.  The code for the "open file" dialog is
something like 4000 lines long.  In that space I can usually get a
considerable amount of useful code that actually does something.

> will support it. Motif does not support it, and neither do most pure
> xlib-based apps.

As long as most programs don't support server migration, or whatever
it should be called, it will be of little use.  Many commercial
programs are like to stick with motif for yet a while, the main reason
probably being that it's ugly.

--
Måns Rullgård