sashan wrote:
On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 10:31, Mark Vojkovich wrote:

On 7 Dec 2002, sashan wrote:

Attached are the results of XFree86 -configure (configure.txt), scanpci
-v (scanpci.txt) and the log file. Please can someone help or advise how
to go about making changes to the header file mentioned (see
configure.txt)

   That card wasn't supported 4.2.0.  It's supported in CVS.
If you don't want to build a CVS server, the module on my web

Ok, thanks, but I ended up downloading the source anyway. Didn't realize
it was so huge. However now I have a problem with xkb. When I type
XFree86 -xf86config /root/XF86Config.new

it fails load xkb. See the attached file.

I had a look in /etc/X11 for xkb and its a broken symbolic link when it
should be a directory.

The commands I typed to compile and install the the server were:
make World >& world.log
make install >& install.log

Just to follow up on this issue I reinstalled RH and downloaded the source for the drivers from NVidia, recompiled and installed them and it all works. The refresh rate is up to 85hz and not 60Hz like before. XFree86 -configure still fails (since its v4.2.0) but it doesn't matter that much anymore.