On Mon 23 Dec 2002 22:10, you wrote:
> SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results
> ---------------------- SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original
> message has been altered SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar
> unwanted mail in future. SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more
> details.
> SPAM:
> SPAM: Content analysis details:   (5.00 hits, 5 required)
> SPAM: SPAM_PHRASE_00_01  (0.6 points)  BODY: Spam phrases score is 00 to 01
> (low) SPAM: MSG_ID_ADDED_BY_MTA_2 (0.5 points)  'Message-Id' was added by a
> relay (2) SPAM: RCVD_IN_MULTIHOP_DSBL (0.8 points)  RBL: Received via a
> relay in multihop.dsbl.org SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
> 17.118.134.159.multihop.dsbl.org] SPAM: RCVD_IN_RFCI       (2.3 points)
> RBL: Received via a relay in ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org SPAM:
>    [RBL check: found 17.118.134.159.ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org., type:
> 127.0.0.6] SPAM: RCVD_IN_UNCONFIRMED_DSBL (0.8 points)  RBL: Received via a
> relay in unconfirmed.dsbl.org SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
> 17.118.134.159.unconfirmed.dsbl.org] SPAM:
> SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results
> ---------------------

I don't understand what all this means. Maybe someone can explain it so I can
avoid being ID'd as a spammer in the future?

> I've been playing around with Linux From Scratch and User Mode Linux and
> decided to combine the two. I've built a LFS system within a file and can
> run it as the root file system under UML. Now I am trying to build XFree86
> 4.2.1 from the X420 sources and the 4.2.0-4.2.1.diff patch, but when I run
> make world I get several missing seperator errors during the making
> makefiles. I.E.

<SNIP>

> I'm not sure where to look to fix these errors? I've built X successfully
> before but not from these sources, so I'm not sure where to look? I realize
> CVS would be much better, but I'm behind a slow modem. I got a friend to
> fetch these for me.

Since no one answered my previous mail, I perservered and found the errors of
my ways. I had been using a host.def file and had un-commented a few lines
and forgot to remove the close comment as well. Unfortunately the build
labeled this as parse errors in the Imakefiles instead and it took several
attempts to realise where I had gone wrong.

> Maybe if someone could provide a patch between 4.2.1 and CVS it would be
> helpful to others as well.

I also decided to tar and ftp my cvs directory from my regular box to the UML
Linux so that I would be building from fresher sources, thought they are
still a bit dated.