Hi,

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9000 card in a dual Athlon MP system (Tyan
S2460 motherboard), which I wish to use to drive two monitors in dual
head mode; one from the VGA, and the other from the DVI-I, in digital
mode (using a DVI-D cable).

I'm currently using stock SuSE 8.1 with XFree86 (4.2.0), and version
2.5.1 of ATI's driver (from their website).

Having used fglrxconfig and tweaked the file produced to have the
correct BusID, I almost have a working set up. That is, the server
starts up fine, with a screen size of 2048x768, and the left half of
that screen displayed on the monitor attached to the VGA
connector. The problem is that the second head doesn't display
anything - just says 'No connection - check signal cable'.

So, I suspect that everything is working except that the actual DVI-D
output hardware is not being switched on. Is this the likely cause,
and if so, how can I go about fixing it? (I'm willing to dabble /
test...). Or is there some other problem?

Is the problem likely to be fixed by upgrading to current XFree86 CVS,
or is it more likely in the fglrx driver, and therefore not fixable by
me, but only by someone inside ATI?

XF86Configs, XFree86.0.logs and any other details provided on request.

Thanks,

--
Bill Gallafent.