Quoting Fabian Niestroj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi.
>
> When the system load is high, for example a program is starting or
> mozilla is loading a page, and I'm moving the mouse, the pointer on the
> screen is not moving continuously but jumping. Is there a way to fix
> it?
There can be a number of causes - the mouse is not sampled often enough is
unlikely. More likely is that X isn't getting enough cycles to update
everything at the same time, or isn't getting cycles often enough to provide
the illusion of smooth movement.

> I tried to optimize the mouse: According to Logitech the resolution of
> the mouse is higher if the usb connector is used. But then I read the
> option "Resolution" is only applicable if the ps2 connector is used. And
> what values for "Resolution" are allowed? Although the mouse is now
> connected to a usb port, the protocol is "imps/2" and not "usb".
There is a way to modify the resolution of the sensor on some Logitech USB mice

(400dpi or 800dpi) - you need to use certain "vendor specific" (non-standard)
commands. It works on most mice that have the "dual optical" sensor. I can't
tell if your mouse is one of those that are supported (since you didn't bother
to identify the mouse), but from memory, MX300, MX500, and recent iFeel are
amongst those that are supported. I have a full list at home.

I also have an application to check what setting is in use, and to change the
setting. I guess I should post it here. Ping me in a couple of days if I
forget.

Brad