Tan Wei Chong wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently trying to write a simple driver and add it to the source tree to
>compile.
> I can find much resources from DESIGN doc and also by reading other driver examples.
> But I don't know how to add this new driver to the source tree for it to compile.
> I made a new directory in the Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers directory and modified
>other's Imakefile for it to compile, but it seems that doing make will simply jump
>over it.  How

Which other's Imakefile?  Or do you mean you made one in the new drivers
directory?

Did you add your driver to the files in xc/config/cf?  For example
xfree86.cf lists card drivers.  You need to touch that or add your
driver to host.def.  At least a 'make Makefiles' is required for the
full tree after that, possibly a 'make Everything'.

I thought there where more changes required, but I don't see any
evidence of it in the places I looked.

--
Kevin