Hey folks,

I've just released XQuartz-2.8.0_rc1.  This addresses a few issues that
remained in 2.8.0_beta4 which I wanted to get fixed before release.  Now that
they're done, I'm declaring this a release candidate.  Notable changes:

        • XQuartz now launches natively on Apple Silicon when started via
LaunchServices
        • Fixed an issue that prevented filesystem access to some directories
for X11 clients launched from the Applications menu (#6)
        • The Applications customization window now uses appropriate colors in
dark mode (#32)
        • Fixed an issue that was preventing cycling through windows on
Catalina and Big Sur (#56)
        • Installer no longer incorrectly offers an option to install to
another drive (#87)
        • Sparkle Updater no longer silently fails to update XQuartz (#88)

Note that the earlier alphas and betas won't update to this version due the the
Sparkle bug mentioned above, so you'll need to download and install it manually.

https://www.xquartz.org/releases/XQuartz-2.8.0_rc1.html

Thanks,
Jeremy