> Am 12.3.2021 um 06:58 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jerem...@apple.com>:
>
> I've pushed out another release candidate for 2.8.0
> (https://www.xquartz.org/releases/XQuartz-2.8.0_rc3.html)

First update on Big Sur failed. For half an hour no visible progress, only
"windscreen wiper". I'll try again afterwards.

While I was scrolling through the Sparkle window that described the changes,
the X clients launched via ~/.xinitrc kind of flickered, where visible and
invisible and visible again. GNU Emacs 28.0.50 died and XTerm too.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Patriotism, n. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to
illuminate his name. In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined
as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but
inferior lexicographer I beg to submit it is the first.
                                – Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary (1911)