On 6/9/06, Gauvain Pocentek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Olly Betts a écrit :
> Gauvain Pocentek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> daniele favara a écrit :
>>> please try xapian .. i love that stuff ... pinot and recoll are
>>> using it
>> I'll have a (other) look at the xapian packages. Shouldn't they
>> be in debian? If we could sync them that'd be easier.
>
> I'm working on getting Xapian packages into Debian.  They're
> actually not quite the same as Daniele's packages - the major
> difference is that Daniele uses cdbs.  I'm not necessarily averse
> to changing that, but I know debhelper reasonably well and I know
> nothing about cdbs, so changing right now would be disruptive and
> work against getting the packages into Debian.

True. But if Xapian gets into debian, it'll be synced in ubuntu and
Daniele's changes ill overridden.
Do you know when Xapian could enter in debian (and get out of NEW)? If
it's early enough in Edgy's development, I think we should wait for it.
Daniele, what do you think?

Gauvain

i think it's better to get them in ubuntu as soon as possible, then we
can sync with debian ... maybe i could work on this with olly ... so
he 'll have even the possibility to see how cdbs works and its
advantages.

We could start having a bzr repo of the debian directories for each package.

If He'll be not happy with it ... we'll use debhelper no problems.

Olly ?

----
http://dsslive.org
----