Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
> The only problem is that I would have to modify all the menu.xml.*
> files (I could use a call to sed in the rules file) but it would still
> be untranslated.
>
> Also, I'd have to get an update to gnome-app-install sponsored to
> remove the current xfce4 specific desktop file. The chances of causing
> problems is a little higher than the usual change and reverting isn't
> as simple as uploading a package.
>
> Maybe we should defer this to Intrepid?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cody
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Jani Monoses <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > Previously we've discussed moving the add/remove menu item from
>     under
>     > the system submenu to the top menu. I was wondering if the
>     consensus was
>     > that this was still a positive move and if people would like to
>     see it
>     > done for Hardy.
>
>     That makes sense as it's a very obvious way for new users to discover
>     the available packages.
>
>     Jani
>

>     --
>

> --
> Cody A.W. Somerville
> Software Engineer
> Red Cow Marketing & Technologies, Inc.
> Office: 506-458-1290
> Toll Free: 1-877-733-2699
> Fax: 506-453-9112
> Cell: 506-449-5899
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> http://www.redcow.ca
I believe we are too close to the delivery date to make such a radical
change.
While I do NOT agree that it should be done at all, doing it now, for
hardy release in 14 days (?), is just asking for problems

- 1 for the overall change...
+1 for not doing this in Hardy and holding it off for a later release

vidd