I also reproduce this issue. This issue can be reproduced inside a brand
new firefox profile as well as my current profile. All youtube videos,
mac.com videos and google videos have this problem. I don't remember
having this problem with Firefox beta 4. It happens with both metacity
or compiz. Firefox gives a lot of relevant terminal outputs when I try
to start a youtube video concerning murrine engine. Firefox outputs
attached.

** Attachment added: "Firefox outputs"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/13347017/firefoxflash.txt

** Also affects: gtk2-engines-murrine (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gtk2-engines-murrine (Ubuntu)

--
[hardy] videos clips don't play, just load
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/201770