On 30/01/14 09:36, Richard Elkins wrote:
I am not sure if this would be classified as a bug in update-manager version 1:0.194 (Saucy) or an annoying feature.

In *12.04.02 LTS*, when I ran `update-manager -d -c`, whether updates to the current release are pending or not, I was presented with the option of selecting the release upgrade to 14.04. In affect, the pending 12.04.03 updates were ignored.

In *13.10*, there is no way to ignore pending updates while running `update-manager -d -c`. The user will not be notified of the 14.04 release until all updates have been installed.

So ..... bug or feature?

Reading the first instruction in the testcase which includes update-manager -d -c

Install all updates available for the release you want to upgrade by running update-manager. Click Check if any update is available, and click Install to install them

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member
Xubuntu QA Lead