On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 21:30:04 +0200
Pasi Lallinaho <p...@shimmerproject.org> wrote:

> If we don't need to update the ISO really, we can just release 12.04.5
> as is, with the updates that have landed to Ubuntu core after .4. On
> the other hand, if there is something we want in, it's another
> possibility to get stuff in an ISO, not just updates.
>
> I would note that there is only 1 year left of Xubuntu support for
> 12.04, so not sure if it makes any difference to land big SRU's now,
> since people need to upgrade to 14.04 somewhat shortly anyway.
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi
>
> On 07/02/14 20:12, Stephen Michael Kellat wrote:
> > FYI
> >
> > How does this align with our planning?
> >
> > Stephen Michael Kellat
> > In the basement cafeteria on lunch

[snip]

If a .5 release falls outside our support window, we need to sound off
to Steve Langasek and Leann Ogasawara that we will **not** be
participating in this.  I didn't have much time to compose thoughts
while I was on my lunch break in the basement bunker cafeteria.
Frankly this would be a distraction for our users who we want to have
moving onward to 14.04, in my view.

My participation this cycle has been less than expected due to
unexpected changes arising.  Looking forward, though, I do think it is
time to begin wrapping up the Precise Pangolin era as we head into
Trusty Tahr.  We've got a year of overlap for people to transition and
that should be good enough.  Debian may decide the dreaded init debate
( http://shed.bike/init/ ) by the time support for Xubuntu 12.04 ends
even.

Stephen Michael Kellat