This appears to be fixed in yakkety.

We need to test how the package responds in 16.04.

If you are -

 * running xenial
 * using intel

you should be affected by bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/1568604

Please grab the yakkety package for your arch from

http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/xserver-xorg-video-intel

Install the yakkety package on xenial.

 * *Test that following a return from suspend and logging that the
   cursor is visible.*
 * *Test that following a lock and unlock that the cursor is visible.*

Once tested you can re-install the xenial package.

/sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel/xenial/

Please comment on the above bug - please ensure that you reference this mail so we know which comments pertain to this call.

There will likely be a new bug filed in the very near future for the SRU - when that is available, I will add that bug information to this list thread.