Howdy dear fellows,

With the new Xubuntu 18.04 it's a little confusing how these items works
together: panel plugins, indicator plugin, notification area and status
notifier plugin. What's the best way to go? Within Xubuntu 16.04 I use
notification area and indicator plugin and everything just works. Now I
feel like there are a lot of these items to do the same thing. For example,
now we have a new Power manager panel plugin. But on the power manager
settings there is an option to show the power manager icon on notification
area which works with notification area but doesn't with "status notifier
plugin". Despite this, the notification area icon behaves differently from
the power manager plugin.

One thing I love about XFCE is the panel because I like to use the panel on
the vertical. With these new panel plugins (notification, power, sound
etc), the icons size on a vertical panel 35px wide are huge. With
notification area plugin its possible to set the maximum pixel size to 22px
and everything sits nicely inside notification area. What should I do now?
It seems like XFCE has implemented a lot of new features which just overlap
other features that do the same thing. When you put everything together it
looks like out of place or even a little buggy as things doesn't works as
expected.

Thank you.

Kolmar Kafran
ü Por favor, considere a proteção ao meio ambiente antes de imprimir esse
e-mail.