Hi all,

If you don't know who I am, I'm the current leader of Ubuntu Studio.
Most of you also know that our default desktop environment is Xfce, so
we share a lot in common. In the past there had been at least some
collaboration, but that seems to have gone away in recent years, mostly
due to a lack of participation on the Ubuntu Studio end.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to stay up-to-date on the default
configuration and packages. The quasi-deprecation of xfce4-volumed
caught us off-guard, and now, for several releases, we have a version of
xfce4-volumed that does not reconnect to PulseAudio if it is restarted.
Apparently, and from my own tests, xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin does this
much better, and the indicator-* packages should be removed from our
seed. I have put forth the request to do this and have modified our
panel for future releases to use the pulseaudio plugin.

I guess I would like to prevent information like changes to the default
panel from being missed in the future. Unfortunately, I have no idea how
to do this. Perhaps somebody has some ideas on how we can accomplish
this and work together. I monitor #xubuntu-devel on IRC, and I'm now
subscribed to this list, but if there's any other way for me to be
notified about things that affect Ubuntu Studio, such as changes to the
default Xubuntu desktop (which we should mirror), let me know.

Thanks,
Erich
---
Erich Eickmeyer