Hello again,

and sorry for not getting back ealier. I'm sending this mail to our development list as well so other people can share their knowledge as well and you don't have to wait for my reply. Please keep the list as a recipient in your replies.

Our website runs on WordPress. The website-related bugs (and wishlist items, including sort of "TODO" list for ourselves) are listed here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website

The code for the plugins can be found here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-website/xubuntu-website/plugins
...and for the theme here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-website/xubuntu-website/theme

If you want, you are free to jump in straight away and start fixing bugs...

Alternatively, if you are familiar with Guteberg and WordPress in general, you can help us plan the migration to Gutenberg. The bug that tracks the issues related to that is here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website/+bug/1825478

For the app side, I'll let Sean, Simon and Unit193 answer you as they know much more about that than I do.

Cheers,
Pasi