Again opinion, but I feel including a small set of games is useful. I am a
refurbisher who installs Xubuntu on a range of hardware (from Core 2 Duo
laptops to XEON workstations). We help a variety of people. Games are
important to many of them even as a way to pass the time.

In talking with people for the past 20 years (we used to develop our own
Debian-based Distro) simple games have always been appreciated. And while
we've used d-i to add other game sets, having a base set of simple games is
nice. Not everyone wants to play CS:Go.

It makes sense to keep the Distro trimmed down, but my experience says a
lot of people appreciate the base games. (We include restore media, so
while we could just use a base image, it's nice for people just to use that
DVD and get the base games).