On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 09:13:02PM +1000, Alex Murray wrote:
> On Tue, 2023-01-10 at 10:29:03 +0000, Robie Basak wrote:

> > My thinking is along the same lines. I'd like to avoid tying up things
> > in bureaucracy, so I think it's fine to leave it to the Release Team to
> > decide if it's obviously and uncontroversially aligned, or if they are
> > unsure if the Technical Board would agree and therefore need to refer
> > it.

> > I'd like for these decisions to be documented though. Maybe we could ask
> > that the technical-board@ list be copied in with an description of the
> > goals of the new image and the Release Team's decision on it? That way,
> > we can ensure that we all stay aligned, and minimise pain if we're
> > not.

> I think this makes a lot of sense - if it is up to the discretion of the
> Release Team to refer to the TB then there could be cases that get
> missed which would have been beneficial for the TB to be aware of but
> for whatever it was not deemed necessary to notify the TB. So instead if
> the policy is that the TB is always kept-in-the-loop regardless there
> should be less chance of something being missed.

> Also given that new images are a pretty rare occurrence, this shouldn't
> be too onerous on either team as a result.

Thanks, this sounds like a reasonable process that we have consensus about.

Where would you all like this documented?
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RecognizedFlavors/AddingNew or
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RecognizedFlavors/NewFlavorProcess ?

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org