Hello Cristian!

Thank you for contacting the Xubuntu team about a possible article on HostingAdvice.com and sorry for us taking so long to reply.

We of course do not have anything against articles written about Xubuntu! However, the situation is (and has been for some years now) relatively stale: no new big or exiting features are being added and there isn't anything to report on the leadership side either. If there was exiting news, they would very likely be changes/updates in Xfce.

That said, Xubuntu is still maintained to a reasonable extent: for example, as implied before, new Xfce pakcages are being brought to the Ubuntu repositories. Some other small tweaks and updates are being made now and then. This is all done by a small group of people (depending on how you count, somewhere between 1–5 people) who are all formerly very active Xubuntu team members.

I don't know if the above piques your interest and/or bears an interesting perspective to Xubuntu, but if it does or if you have other ideas for an article, we would be willing to hear more.

Additionally, if you need more information (including an interview) about the current state or the history of Xubuntu, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)         ›https://open.knome.fi/