I have tried baobab. I don't understand the 'ring' graph and the tree graph option is totally beyond me. Part of the problem is in both graphs, the colors or shapes are not identified, leaving me to go between a directory listing and the chart. Too much use of the wrong cpu. ncdu is better. I was just hoping for something more like hog. I just looked inside hog.exe and found the author's name. I duckduckgoed him and found him "Jay Wherley". I dropped him a note re: Linux. I saw in his site that he wrote a newer version of it for windows.

I saw k4dirstat that someone mentioned. The png looks good. Assuming that is a KDE program, when I switch from Suse to Ubuntu when Ubuntu first came out, I decided to not run KDE programs on Ubuntu, as there seem to be a lot of dependencies. Mate looks interesting.
John